Loyola MPH Program

Search The Loyola Masters of Public Health Blog

Loading...

Monday, March 2, 2015

Paid Practicum Opportunity at the Forest Preserve District of Du Page Count - West Nile Virus

Requisition Number15-0059
Posting Start Date2/27/2015
TitlePP Eco Entomology - #003D
Dept / DivisionNatural Resources
Employee TypeSeasonal
Work HoursVaries
Minimum Salary$11.00
Maximum Salary$13.00
CityWheaton
Job Duties
Position Details: • Assist in quality control of Mosquito Management Program 
• Field sampling and identification of target insect species 
• Test insects for viral presence and manage target insect species using ecologically sound scientific protocols 
• Collect GPS data and enter data 
• Wildlife surveys, native seed collection, control of invasive and exotic plants using herbicides 
• Additional duties as assigned
Physical Demands: Ability to lift/move up to 40 lbs. (i.e. bags of larvacide, watering buckets for plants, herbicide bottles, backpack sprayers, etc.)
Work Environment: This position is 90% outdoors in variety of inclement weather such as heat, cold, and rain. The remaining 10% is indoor data entry projects, sample preparation, and insect identification.
Hours: May – November; 7:00 am – 3:30 pm; Monday – Friday; some weekends possible
Job Requirements
Requirements: 
Must have undergraduate degree or be in the process of attaining an undergraduate degree 
Must possess a valid driver’s license 
Must have the ability to work independently and fulfill tasks with attention to detail Must be able to pass Integrated Pest Management exam to qualify for Operator’s License within one (1) month of employment 
Must be willing to work in a variety of inclement weather (heat, cold, rain within reason)
Preferred Candidate: Will have previous experience with insects or other wildlife and other experience with natural resources management or related field.
*Applications must be filled out to their entirety , including the electronic signature, to be considered for this position.  Resumes may be included but are not accepted in lieu of the application.

 This information and the link to apply can be found here.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Community Services Assistant at Gads Hill Center - Possible MPH Practicum Opportunity



The Gads HillCenter on Ogden Ave is looking to hire a Community Services Assistant to assist with the administration of a health program and to coordinate the summer playstreets grant.  The position is full time in the summer and part time during the rest of the year with flexible hours.   

Applicants may contact Melissa Whitney (mwhitney@gadshillcenter.org  Phone Number: 773-521-1196 x117)  or may utilize the job posting at http://careers.npo.net/jobs/6859707/community-services-assistant.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Summer elective course offering in Milan, Italy



SUMMER 2015
Italo-American Seminar in Milan, Italy

UNIVERSITA’ DI MILANO BICOCCA
Milan, Italy

July 2 – July 7, 2015
In cooperation with
Huazhong Agriculture University
Loyola University Chicago, USA
Università della Calabria

Topic:  International policy analysis:  Intergenerational policy
·         Aging Society and Social Work: Challenges and Solutions from Three Continents
  • ·         This seminar is a 3 credit course and counts as a policy elective (for MSW students
  • ·         EXPO Milan during same week:   "Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life"
  • ·         Course fee to cover administrative costs:  $600;  additional costs for transportation, housing, food

Write tojorwat@luc.edu