The job requires a high degree of organization, critical thinking, and attention to detail. Ideal candidates will have experience in human subject research and/or knowledge of research ethics. The award covers tuition and includes a monthly stipend; it is renewable annually based on performance.
Job Description: The primary tasks are to assist the Assistant Director for Research Compliance in the daily administrative tasks associated with the Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects (IRB), and other duties as assigned. The position requires a commitment of 20 hours a week.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely and communicate professionally with Loyola University Chicago research faculty, staff and students, including the Chairperson and members of IRB.
- Attend monthly IRB meetings.
- Serve as a liaison between the compliance office and researchers.
- Assist with daily IRB processes and the review of research proposals.
- Assist in the maintenance of the compliance database and website.
Granada Center, Suite 400, LSC
6439 N. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60626