5th Annual Interdisciplinary Research Symposium for Graduate School Students
Pursuit of Truth: Jesuit Ideals in Graduate Research
Saturday, April 21, 2012 Crown Center, Lake Shore Campus
Official Call for Abstracts
Submission Deadline: March 2, 2012
• The Graduate School will host their interdisciplinary research symposium on Saturday April 21, 2012 at the Crown Center on Lake Shore Campus from 9 AM to 5 PM, as a forum for Loyola graduate students to present their scholarly work. The goal of the Interdisciplinary Research Symposium is to provide participants an appreciation of how Loyola Graduate students are incorporating the Jesuit ideals within their research.
• The theme of this year’s symposium is Pursuit of Truth: Jesuit Ideals in Graduate Research. We invite students to display their research exemplifying one of the six Jesuits ideals of the university: Faith & Spirituality, Social Justice, Ethics & Values, Global Awareness, New Approaches & Methods, and Community & Service
• Present your work - in the form of either as a paper presentation or as a poster presentation. Paper presentations will occur as part of a panel session followed by questions and answers from the audience. Poster presentations will be informal presentations throughout the day.
• Any current graduate student within the Graduate School is welcomed to submit. Students should rank which of the Jesuit ideals (up to three) they think best exemplifies their research. Panel sessions and poster categorizations will be composed upon these Jesuit ideals.
• Monetary awards will be given to the top paper presenters and poster presenters.
• Submissions are due Friday, March 2, 2012 at 5:00pm and should be submitted electronically to GSAC@luc.edu . Submissions should include keywords that broadly describe the research particularly paying attention to individuals not familiar with the discipline. In Word format, please include an abstract (maximum 250 words) and a brief bibliographical statement (50-100 words).
• Selected paper and posters will be notified by March 23, 2012
Questions can be sent to GSAC@luc.edu .